During a normal year, Serrano would close its doors for vacation in July. This year, however, the fun is just heating up as this Old City staple will remain open on Thursday, Fridays and Saturdays for the debut of "Serrano Street Fare," casual and discounted food and drinks, plus free entertainment.
The new "Serrano Street Fare" menu will offer eight to ten specially priced "grab n go" items that showcase Chef Gina Rodriguez's love of authentic street food. All food will be served casually (think paper, not china) as if they came fresh and hot from a local food truck. Special low prices will make patrons think they were outside reveling at their favorite food festival.
On top of delicious eats, proprietor Donal McCoy will serve up specially priced sangria, Aqua Fesca with an adult edge, signature cocktails and a tap takeover by Yards. McCoy also pays homage to the musical heart and soul of Tin Angel (upstairs) by arranging for great tunes during Street Fare, including Zach Brown on 7/13, and local legend Kenn Kweder on July 20th. Other acts will be announced soon. Entertainment is free.
July 5, 6**, 11, 12, 13*, 18, 19 and 20*
(* Music, ** Old City District's Inside Out Festival )
- Pulled Pork Soft Taco (Braised pork, bacon, lettuce and pico de galo served in hand-made flatbread)
- Sonoran Hot Dog (Jumbo hot dog wrapped in bacon, topped with beans, guacamole, pico sauce and chipotle aioli)
- Cheesy Cornbread Jalapeno Poppers (Filled with cheddar cheese, fried in a cornbread batter)
- Chicken and Rice (Grilled chicken kabob served over Spanish rice with roasted green chili sauce)
- Grilled Corn (Finished with cayenne honey butter and green onion)
- Yucca Chips with Charred Salsa
- Sopapillas aka "Donuts" (Fried dough dusted in cinnamon and powdered sugar)
- Fish Taco (Grilled mahi-mahi, shaved cabbage, pico de gallo, lime crema in corn tortilla
"Serrano Street Fare" is the perfect way to celebrate the success of Serrano's new spring menu and high profile chef appearances at COOK, Philadelphia Magazine's Wine and Food Festival, Taste of the Nation and the PAWS Chef's Dinner. Serrano will resume standard nights and hours of operation after July 20th. Later in summer, McCoy will debut his highly anticipated new drink menu in its entirety and Chef Rodriguez will announce her new seasonally-inspired fall menu.
For more information, please visit serranophilly.com, call (215) 928-0770 or tweet @serranophilly