East Passyunk Avenue Business Improvement District (EPABID) serves up a double dose of summertime fun with two festivals on Sunday, June 2, 2013. Starting at 11:00 AM, Philly Beer Week kicks off with 15 hours of craft beer events during Craft Beer Day. East Passyunk restaurants, bars and retailers will present opportunities to meet the brewers, try new craft beers, enjoy beer-infused and inspired foods, and shop for beer-related gifts. Starting at Noon, Italian National Day Festival “La Festa Della Repubblica” will feature a full day of live music, Italian draft and bottled beer specials, Italian food vendors, kids’ activities and a spaghetti eating contest. La Festa activities are held on East Passyunk Avenue, between Mifflin and Moore streets. Events are held rain or shine. Admission is free, unless otherwise noted. Food and drinks are pay-as-you-go. For more information about Craft Beer Day and La Festa visit www.visiteastpassyunk.com, follow @epassyunkave or call (215) 336-1455.
CRAFT BEER DAY – CHEERS!
East Passyunk Avenue kicks off Philly Beer Week with 15 hours of craft beer events. Try new brews and beer-infused and inspired eats, meet brewers, and quench your thirst for craft beer! The event is free, and rain or shine.
- Belle Cakery (1437 EPA) - Chocolate Stout Cake with Oat Crumble, Framboise and Vanilla Ice Cream
- Birra (1700 EPA) - All IPA, All Day! IPA tap takeover with Avery Maharaja Double, Bear Republic Racer 5, Bells Hopslam Double, Founders All Day, Great Lakes Burning River, New Holland White Hatter White, Oskar Blues Deviant Dales, Three Heads Too Kind Double, Weyerbacher Last Chance, Yards Trouble Double; 11:00 AM to 12:00 AM
- The Bottle Shop (1837 EPA) - Craft beer tub outside with Italian draft specials; 11:00 AM to 12:00 AM
- Era Atomica (1726 EPA) - 25% off all bar ware
- Le Virtu (1927 EPA) - Outdoor barbeque featuring grilled Abruzzesse fare with craft beer sampling and specials from Ommegang, Prism and Weyerbacher; 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM
- Lucky 13 (1820 S. 13th) - Victory Brunch with DJ; 11:30 AM to 4:00 PM
- Metro Men's Clothing (1615 EPA) - 15% off entire store and complimentary Peach Mango & Vodka cocktails and beer while you shop
- Ms Goody Cupcake (1838 EPA) Beer infused cupcakes (Bx3: Blueberry Beer Belch, Double Chocolate Stout, Drunkin' Elvis with Well’s Banana Bread Beer ), beer-infused truffles and Oatmeal Peanut Butter Beer Cookie Sandwiches infused with Wells Banana Bread Beer. All cupcakes will be fifty cents off; 11:00 AM to 4:00 PM
- Noir Restaurant (1909 EPA) - Victory Helios Ale Mimosas, Homemade Berry-Infused Allagash White and Dollar Montreal-style Hot Dogs; 3:00 PM to 2:00 AM
- Occasionette (1825 EPA) – Free beer tote bag with $20 or more purchase while supplies last; 12:00 PM to 6:00 PM
- P.O.P.E. (1501 EPA) - Dogfish Head's BBQ Cook Out; 11:00 AM to 5:00 PM
- Phresh Printz & E's Tees (1800 EPA) - Beer, Philly and East Passyunk-inspired tee-shirts
- Stateside (1536 EPA) - Pork belly and beer-braised baked bean happy hour with Evil Genius; 4:00 PM to 7:00 PM
- Stogie Joe's (1801 EPA) - Craft beer specials including mixed bucket of Bells (6) for $15, meatball sandwich and craft bottle or draft for $10, and live music at 5pm; 11:00 AM to 12:00 AM
LA FESTA - FESTEGGIAMO!
Filitalia International and Foundation presents Italian National Day Festival “La Festa Della Repubblica,” on East Passyunk Avenue, between Mifflin and Moore streets. Family-friendly festivities will include live music, raffles and prizes, Italian food vendors (including East Passyunk’s Mamma Maria), specialty cocktails, Italian draft and bottled beer specials, a spaghetti eating contest. Activities for the kids will include a moon bounce and face painting. Confirmed sponsors and vendors includes Noir Restaurant, Mamma Maria’s, The Bottle Shop, Stogie Joes, Candy Rockz Jewelry, Capo’s Coins and Memorabilia, Gozen Yogurt, Twin Shoppe, Lil Dan’s and more. Ms Goody Cupcake will also feature an open house with fifty cents off cupcakes. Special Italian Day flavors will include Roche Roche, Holy Cannoli and Italian Funfetti. The event is free, and rain or shine. The early schedule for entertainment is as follows:
- Food, drink and kids’ activities, 12:00 PM to 7:00 PM
- DJ Johnny Looch, 12:00 PM to 7:00 PM
- Pasquale D’oro and Band, 3:00 PM to 7:00 PM
- Spaghetti Eating Contest, 2:00 PM to 4:00 PM
- Raffle Drawings, 6:00 PM
PHILLY BEER WEEK ON EAST PASSYUNK
Select East Passyunk restaurant and bars will also present special craft beer-related events in honor of Philly Beer Week. A partial list of events is below:
P.O.P.E. (1501 EPA)
- Monday, June 3 - Saucony Creek Brewing BMX Bike Show on Dickinson St (between 10th & EPA) from 11am-4pm. Owner of Saucony Creek Brewing (retired X-game Athlete) & friends will be putting on a bike show and performing tricks; 11:00 AM to 4:00 PM
- Tuesday, June 4 - Founders Brewing Night with the owners of the distinguished brewery in-house; 7:00 PM to close
- Wednesday, June 5 - New Holland Brewing Freak Show with local performers mystifying with tricks like sword swallowing, walking on glass, etc.; 8:00 PM to 10:00 PM
- Friday, June 7 - Thirsty Dog Brewing Tap Takeover; 7:00 PM to close
- Sunday, June 9 - Bell's Brewing Brunch with Laura Bell; 11:00 AM to 3:00 PM
Stogie Joe's (1801 EPA)
- May 31 thru June 9 - Meatball sandwich and draft/bottle craft beer for $10 + bucket of Bells (six) for $15
- Monday, June 3 - Craft Beer Quizzo with $100 cash prize for 1st place, case of Southern Tier & $25 Stogie Joe's Gift Certificate for 2nd place and case of Bells & $10 gift certificate for 3rd place; 7:00 PM
For more information and event updates, visit East Passyunk Avenue on Facebook, follow @epassyunkave on Twitter, pin East Passyunk Avenue on Pinterest and visit www.visiteastpassyunk.com.
East Passyunk Avenue Business Improvement District is home to 150 independently owned shops and markets that perfectly balances the best of the old and the new, mixing old world shopping, authentic Italian restaurants, world famous cheese steaks, with trendy boutiques, handmade arts, world-class cuisine and record-breaking events.
Chef-driven restaurants have pushed this once-faded community into the national spotlight. East Passyunk Avenue boasts more than 30 eateries, from authentic traditional Italian restaurants to gastropubs, including four of Philadelphia magazine’s Top 50 Restaurants: Stateside, Le Virtu, Fond and Will. Capogiro Gelato Artisans scoops up National Geographic’s “best ice cream in the world” just down the block from cheese steak global headquarters, where Pat’s and Geno’s still vie to be called the best of this Philly staple.
Anchored by the beautifully restored Singing Fountain, a communal gathering place on Tasker Street, this store-lined commercial corridor hosts events of all shapes and sizes. Annual outdoor favorites include foodie-festival Flavors of the Avenue, the Car Show & Street Festival, Farmers’ Markets and East Passyunk Craft Beer Day.