East Passyunk Avenue hosted the first ever Blogger Day on Saturday, September 8, 2012. Philadelphia's top bloggers brought their families out for a day of private tours, cupcake decorating, shopping, sales, giveaways, prizes, live music, craft activities and more.
Thanks to participating businesses, bloggers and their families for making the day a big success!
RECAP AND BUSINESS LIST
- A Star is Born let budding fashionistas walk the runway.
- Alphabet Academy - The Treehouse hosted mum planting, kids' yoga and breakfast snacks (by Belle Cakery). Bloggers also toured the new eco-friendly Treehouse.
- Alphabet Aquarium was the scene for more private tours, apple painting and snacks. Kids met the Avenue's resident fish in the giant aquarium.
- FUEL, Noir Philadelphia and Mamma Maria's Ristorante provided lunch for all participants. South Philly's famous Mamma even came out to serve the mom bloggers.
- Headhunters Hair Design and Novo Salon provided discounted services for moms and dads.
- Kings Music provided piano and guitar lessons for budding musicians.
- Ms Goody Cupcake turned children into pastry chefs as she let them decorate their own cupcake masterpieces.
- NRS Boutique sponsored a free trunk show for moms and the girls.
- Next (Ontheave) tempted dads with a full stock of Phillies gear.
- Craft pit stop! Children made one-of-a-kind creations while parents shopped at Nice Things... Handmade.
- Halloween came early this year at Pixie Toes where bloggers previewed Halloween decor. They also enjoyed a nice trick or treat with free kids' gifts, popcorn and snacks.
- Sermania Jewelry designed an original "Mom and Me" bracelet that was given away to one lucky family!
- South Philly Comics were the heroes of the day with free comic books.
- Urban Jungle presented a seed planting presentation and free plants for all the kids.
For information of future media events on East Passyunk, please visit www.visiteastpassyunk.com.